Kagawa Prefecture acknowledges the importance of personal information in today's advanced information and communication society. Kagawa Prefecture will strive to protect personal information in accordance with the following policies under the basic concept of ensuring that personal information is thoroughly protected and that information is handled in the correct manner.
1 Compliance with laws and regulations
Kagawa Prefecture will comply with the Act on the Protection of Personal Information (2003, Law No. 57) and various related laws and regulations, as well as relevant regulations and guidelines.
2 Acquisition of personal information
Kagawa Prefecture will only collect personal information through lawful and fair methods.
3 Use of personal information
(1) Kagawa Prefecture will use the personal information collected for only as long as required for the purposes specified at the time the information was collected and for a scope that is reasonably relevant.
(2) Kagawa Prefecture shall undertake the necessary and appropriate supervision of other parties and subcontractors to ensure the proper use of personal information in cases where personal information is shared with specified persons or the handling of personal information is outsourced.
4 Notification and declaration of purpose of use
Kagawa Prefecture shall notify and declare the purpose of use when handling or using personal information, except as may be specified in laws and regulations.
5 Provision of personal information to third parties
Kagawa Prefecture does not provide personal information to third parties as a general rule without the consent of the individual, except as may be specified in laws and regulations.
6 Management of personal information
(1) Kagawa Prefecture will take all necessary and appropriate safety management measures to properly manage personal information in order to prevent leakage, loss, damage, alteration, and unauthorized access of personal information.
(2) Kagawa Prefecture shall be in charge of the management of personal information.
7 Disclosure, corrections, suspended use, or deletion of personal information
Kagawa Prefecture will respond promptly to request for the disclosure, correction, suspended use, or deletion of personal information from an individual or representative in accordance with relevant laws and regulations.
8 Contact information
(1) Point of contact: The Exchange Promotion Division of Kagawa Prefecture
(2) Contact location: 4-1-10, Bancho, Takamatsu City, Kagawa Prefecture
(3) Tel: +81-87-832-3380
(4) Hours of operation: 09:00-17:00 (Weekdays)